Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some Sad News

Well, I'm sure most of you will not think this is sad in the least.  And.....when I really stop and think about it it's not SAD, just a little sad. 

George Strait is winding down his career.  The press conference was held yesterday.  He announced 2 more years of touring which will consist of 20 dates each year.  He said he will continue to make records.  That is really what I was wanting.  I don't get to concerts much anyway so that part doesn't affect me much.   I told my sister the night before the press conference that I didn't care if he never toured again, but I'd like to hear new music from George for a little while longer.  I've known this was coming.  It's just reality!

The press conference was streamed live from the Country Music Hall of Fame.  I set the alarm on my phone so I wouldn't forget.  I got to the website where they were playing some "vintage" George while the preparations were being made.  I felt sick to my stomach and felt like I was going to cry.  I sent a text to my sis-in-law and told her Ruby and I were perched by the computer waiting for George to talk.  She replied that she was felt sick to her stomach.  At least I wasn't the only one!

So, by the time the actual announcement came around, Ruby and Rosy were running around like little banchees throwing toys everywhere and screaming their sweet little heads off!  I just tried to ignore it and make sure neither of them got hurt.  When George said he wasn't really "retiring" just yet I felt like jumping up and down!  He said he'd go on making records til he didn't want to anymore.  Like I said before......I'm good with that!

Please don't judge me.  Please don't think I'm toooooo rediculous.  Please just let me have this moment.  George Strait doesn't know me and never will.  But his music has meant a lot to me since I was 12.  It's a longevity thing.  It's a teenager thing.  Maybe I've just never really grown up!

Now I have to figure out how to get a ticket to the final concert in OKC on Jan. 19th, 2013! 

Anybody know how I can sell a kidney?????

3 comments:

  1. After you're done having your moment...can I make a comment about how there seems to be more than one drama queen in the clan and that Ruby spends a lot more time with you than Sister #3?

    Not till after you've had your moment, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing that up my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not judged...glad you had a moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete