Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"But I Want To Cry!"

All who know me know I'm not much of a cryer.  I'm not saying I never cry, but it takes something pretty emotionally astounding to make it happen.  Or just sheer exhaustion can make it happen. 

The last couple days Ruby hasn't felt good.  Her nose is stuffy and yet running.  She's sleepy.  Yesterday she was crying and I asked her why.  She looked at me with her little red eyes and said, "Because I want to cry, Aunt Red." 

What do you do with that?  I just told her to go on ahead. 

I haven't told my brother this because I'm a little afraid of his response, but I'm thinking she might be taking after her Aunt.  Not the one writing this post......but sister #3!  You all know who I am talking about!  Reckon making this prediction gonna get me in trouble???

I think we might have a little strawberry blonde drama queen in the making is what I am saying.  Oh well.  We wouldn't want "the drama" to skip a generation or anything like that!


2 comments:

  1. I so know that feeling. "Because I want to cry." I say she's pretty smart to recognize that so soon.

    But yeah.....you might be right! ;)

    ReplyDelete